NOTE: The Outdoor format is currently for Training Only. SWEMSA must follow AHS guidelines for youth sports. If we are allowed games, some Community Coordinators will require more fees as the fee structure for some communities is set up for Training Only. Please contact your Community Coordinator for more details.
For Program Details, click the Programs & Benefits page.
Outdoor soccer is affordable, fun, and a great way for your child to meet other children in your community. EMSA South West communities offer programs for girls and boys born between 2003 & 2017 for the 2021 outdoor season. Some communities may also offer a U4 program for children born in 2017. Each week, U7-U19 players have two games and may also have one practice. Outdoor Soccer usually begins the 1st week of May and ends late June, except for teams proceeding to post season play (U13-U19) who may play into July & August.
PREMIER PROGRAM – SW STING FC
SWEMSA offers a more competitive program, SW Sting FC. Players are selected by a tryout process & pay a registration fee which includes additional technical training sessions.
If you would like to secure a place on a community team until the tryout process is complete, all community fees/deposits/supporting documents must reach your Soccer Coordinator by their on-time processed deadline.
TEAM FORMATION/PLAYER PLACEMENT/ROSTER RELEASE – COMMUNITY PROGRAM
- Teams are formed by our communities, who follow our Team Formation Policy + the EMSA rules Section on imports & past level of play.
- Community Coordinators (or those assigned to form their teams) will do their best to grant friend & Coach requests, however they cannot be guaranteed.
- Only those players whose fees/deposits/supporting documents have been received by April 15, 2021 will be placed on a team during the initial team formation process. Players registering or providing the fees/deposits/supporting documents after this time will be added to your community wait-list & placed on a team if space is still available.
- If you indicated your child will be trying out for a Club/Premier team on the registration form, a community team spot will be held until our Club program, SW Sting FC has released their tryout results. At that time, your child will either be placed on a community or SW Sting FC roster. If you cancel the registration after that time, your community may charge you a cancellation fee. Please review your community refund policy & contact your Soccer Coordinator if you have questions.
- Rosters must be released to the Head Coach no later than May 5, 2021. Parents must be contacted by the Head Coach at least one week prior to the season starting.
COACH/ASSISTANT COACH REQUIREMENTS – COMMUNITY PROGRAM:
If your address or email address has changed since you last registered in our soccer system, it must be updated before you register a player, volunteer or team official.
- Change in address, phone # or community league name? From your Dashboard, (1) select Manage People on Account, (2) click on the pencil beside the name of the person you wish to update, make the corrections & save your changes.
- Change in email address? Contact email@example.com.
Registration through the EMSA Soccer Portal opens each year mid January & players must register in the community in which they reside. Please check your postal code via efcl.org to ensure you enter the correct community. Remember – this is where you live, not necessarily where the player wants to play.
Requests to transfer to a team in a different community will be granted if space permits. To apply for a transfer, please indicate a request to transfer in the Comment Section of the player registration.
Proof of residency (ie. a parent’s driver’s license or current utility bill) will be required at the payment session. Failure to register players through their community may result in expulsion from EMSA South West’s program.
- U5 = Born in 2016/2017 – Game day Saturday (check with your Community Soccer Coordinator to confirm)
- U7 = Born in 2014/2015 – Game day Monday/Wednesday
- U9 = Born in 2012/2013 – Game day Tuesday/Thursday
For players on TRSA teams, game days may vary. Please refer to their website for current information (trsa.ca)
- U11 = Born in 2010/2011– Game day Monday/Wednesday
- U13 = Born in 2008/2009 – Game day Tuesday/Thursday
- U15 = Born in 2006/2007 – Game day Monday/Wednesday
- U17 = Born in 2004/2005 – Game day Sunday/Thursday
- U19 = Born in 2002/2003 – Game day Sunday/Tuesday
If you are interested in volunteering as a Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Manager on your child’s team, register that player first, choose the appropriate volunteer role & then complete a Team Official registration for yourself. If you are interested in volunteering on more than one team, you need to complete additional Team Official registrations. Please complete all sections & add in as much detail on age level, gender, player requests, who you would like to volunteer with etc. Helpful hint: In order for the registration to be completed, you have to scroll through the whole waiver & mark off at least one method of communication.
HOW TO BE CONSIDERED AN ON-TIME PROCESSED REGISTRANT
It’s easy – supply your Community Soccer Coordinator with all the fees, deposits & supporting documents by their deadline. Paying on-line with a credit card does not mean you’re done!
MISSED THE REGISTRATION PROCESSING DEADLINE?
If you missed the on-time registration and/or payment deadline, check with your Community Soccer Coordinator before registering to see if space is still available. If there is no space in your community, consider allowing your child to be placed on a team in a community which has space. Your Soccer Coordinator has access to this information & can provide you with options.
Once the fees, deposits & supporting documents are received, your child’s name will be added to the wait-list & placed if space becomes available. Your fee cheque will not be deposited until you receive confirmation of placement.
- Please contact your Community Soccer Coordinator
Financial assistance may be available through Kidsport & Canadian Tire Jump Start programs. Please apply at the same time as registering for our soccer program asking the cheque be made payable to your community. When you attend your community registration payment session, include a copy of your application emails/confirmations with your registration form & supporting documents. Check out our Financial Assistance page for links to Kidsport & Jump Start.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED – For both community & SW Sting FC Programs
- Copy of player registration form.
- Proof of birth – Government ID such as Alberta Health Care card, birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of address which matches the registration form – parent Drivers License or current utility bill.
- Fee cheque payable to your community league (one per family) OR proof of on-line payment. If you have applied for Kidsport or Jumpstart funding, a copy of the application acceptance is needed.
- Deposit cheques payable to your community league (one per family).
Players require appropriate footwear, shin guards, and soccer socks. All communities provide a jersey. Check with your league to see if they provide soccer shorts or if you will need to provide your own.
EMSA ID CARDS
Players for U13-U19 & our SW Sting FC teams need EMSA player cards prior to the start of the season.
Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Managers on U9-U19 community and SW Sting FC also require EMSA ID cards.
NO DOGS ALLOWED
Please do not bring dogs to the games or practices. City bylaws prohibit dogs from being on sports fields and school grounds at any time. The fine for breaking the bylaw is $100.
LIGHTNING POLICY – NEW July 11, 2017
Anytime during a game, when thunder is heard, the game is suspended immediately. Wait 30 minutes. If no thunder after 30 minutes, proceed with the game. If thunder is heard prior to the 30 minute mark, restart the clock and wait another 30 minutes. To review the new CSA policy, click here.
SCHEDULES, ROUNDS, POST SEASON PLAY
U7: Schedules are created by the communities or SWEMSA & will be for the entire season. No games will be rescheduled due to rain outs. Schedule information will be available by April 27 on our Schedules tab.
U9: Schedules are created by SWEMSA. Schedule information will be available by April 27 on our Schedules tab.
- Round 1:
- Round 2:
- Round 3:
U11: Schedules are created by SWEMSA & will be available on our Schedules tab & accessible through your Coach Log In.
- Round 1:
- Round 2:
- Round 3:
U13-U19: Schedules are created by EMSA & will be available on their Schedules tab & accessible through your Coach Log In.
City Finals (U11-U19): TBD (emsacityfinals.com)
Provincials: TBD. Check the Alberta Soccer Association Provincial web site for all age OUTDOOR 2021 level/gender/tier details.
If you can’t find an answer to a question, please contact your Community Soccer Coordinator before registering.