SWEMSA is a volunteer run program for players in the U4 – U19 age levels participating in community & Club soccer. We appreciate the hundreds of volunteer Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers & community volunteers who make our program a success!
We are fortunate to have many parents, siblings, community volunteers & University students coach our players. No experience is necessary! There are many resources & courses for our new Coaches that will teach you the game of soccer which enable you to provide our players with the necessary skills.
- All Team Officials must follow the SWEMSA Coaches_Code_of_Conduct.
- SWEMSA recognizes the cultural diversity of our community, and everyone must show respect and inclusion.
- All Team Officials must take the Respect in Sports Activity Leaders. https://albertasoccer.respectgroupinc.com/
- Coaching courses are available through the Alberta Soccer Association (ASA) & through EMSA. Please check with your community Soccer Coordinator for cost reimbursement. Check out our Training Sessions tab for all the details.
- All Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers must register as a Team Official in the EMSA Soccer Portal. This is done by accessing your household account.
- All Coaches & Assistant Coaches for U4-U19 age levels require a volunteer Police Information Check (PIC) certificate to cover the entire season, including post season play. The certificate must be requested through SWEMSA, we cannot replica rolex accept any from outside organizations.
- Team Managers for U4-U19 age levels also require a PIC certificate.
- Only Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers that have a valid PIC certificate on record with SWEMSA will be added to the team roster & may participate during practices and/or games.
For general seasonal questions, please contact your community your District Director or SWEMSA Age Level Director.
For the U5-U19 age levels, please refer to the EMSA Coaches’ Kit page for season information. If you have a question that you can’t find an answer for, please contact the appropriate EMSA staff member:
U13 – U19 Community Program
Premier SW Sting FC Teams
For information on concussions, please refer to our Concussion information page.