Coaches’ Kit – 2019/2020 Indoor
All information regarding the 2019/2020 Indoor season can be found at www.emsamain.com under Season Info.
Rescheduling Requests – Click Rescheduling_Requests_Memo
- Community Teams deadline – Thursday September 26 at 9:00am
- Premier Teams deadline – Thursday September 19 at 9:00am
Rules and Regulations Form – Click Rules-and-Regs-Acknowledgement-Form-Indoor-2019-2020
- Only one copy per team, must be signed by the head coach, assistant coach or the manager on behalf of the team. This must be emailed to the EMSA office by no later than Wednesday, October 16th at 9:00am.
Indoor Coaches Meeting
- Wednesday September 25
- 6:30pm at Molson Hockey House – Roger’s Place
SWEMSA is a volunteer run program for players in the U4 – U19 age levels participating in community & Club soccer. We appreciate the hundreds of volunteer Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers & community volunteers who make our program a success!
We are fortunate to have many parents, siblings, community volunteers & University students coach our players. No experience is necessary! There are many resources & courses for our new Coaches that will teach you the game of soccer which enable you to provide our players with the necessary skills.
- All Team Officials must follow the SWEMSA Coaches_Code_of_Conduct.
- Coaching courses are available through the Alberta Soccer Association (ASA) & through EMSA. Please check with your community Soccer Coordinator for cost reimbursement. Check out our Training Sessions tab for all the details.
- All Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers must register as a Team Official in the EMSA Soccer Portal. This is done by accessing your household account.
- All Coaches & Assistant Coaches for U4-U19 age levels require a volunteer Police Information Check (PIC) certificate to cover the entire season, including post season play. The certificate must be requested through SWEMSA, we cannot accept any from outside organizations.
- Team Managers for U4-U19 age levels also require a PIC certificate.
- Only Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers that have a valid PIC certificate on record with SWEMSA will be added to the team roster & may participate during practices and/or games.
2019 OUTDOOR COACH MEETINGS
One member of each U9 – U19 community team must attend the meeting – it can be the Head Coach, Assistant Coach or the Team Manager. This is a great opportunity to hear important information about the upcoming season + meet your fellow Coaches. Topics range from how to fill out a game book, tournaments, post season play, new game and/or EMSA rules, how to deal with concussions & injuries + much more. You will be given your Coaches Kit, which includes your game book, at the end of the meeting.
U9-U19 Community Team Officials
Location: Pleasantview Community Hall (10860 57 Ave)
Age: U9 to U11 – April 16 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Age: U13 to U19 – April 18 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm – CANCELLED Updated 2019-04-18
For a copy of the power point presentation for the SWEMSA Coaches Meeting, click here.
For the U13-U19 age levels, please refer to the EMSA Coaches’ Kit page for season information. If you have a question that you can’t find an answer for, please contact the appropriate EMSA staff member:
U13 – U19 Community Program
Premier SW Sting FC Teams
For information on concussions, please refer to our Concussion information page.