SWEMSA is a volunteer run program for players in the U4 – U19 age levels participating in community & Club soccer. We appreciate the hundreds of volunteer Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers & community volunteers who make our program a success!
We are fortunate to have many parents, siblings, community volunteers & University students coach our players. No experience is necessary! There are many resources & courses for our new Coaches that will teach you the game of soccer which enable you to provide our players with the necessary skills.
- All Team Officials must follow the SWEMSA Coaches_Code_of_Conduct.
- SWEMSA recognizes the cultural diversity of our community, and everyone must show respect and inclusion.
- All Team Officials must take the Respect in Sports Activity Leaders. https://albertasoccer.respectgroupinc.com/
- Coaching courses are available through the Alberta Soccer Association (ASA) & through EMSA. Please check with your community Soccer Coordinator for cost reimbursement. Check out our Training Sessions tab for all the details.
- All Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers must register as a Team Official in the EMSA Soccer Portal. This is done by accessing your household account.
- All Coaches & Assistant Coaches for U4-U19 age levels require a volunteer Police Information Check (PIC) certificate to cover the entire season, including post season play. The certificate must be requested through SWEMSA, we cannot accept any from outside organizations.
- Team Managers for U4-U19 age levels also require a PIC certificate.
- Only Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers that have a valid PIC certificate on record with SWEMSA will be added to the team roster & may participate during practices and/or games.
For general seasonal questions, please contact your community your District Director or SWEMSA Age Level Director.
For the U5-U19 age levels, please refer to the EMSA Coaches’ Kit page for season information. If you have a question that you can’t find an answer for, please contact the appropriate EMSA staff member:
U13 – U19 Community Program
Premier SW Sting FC Teams
For information on concussions, please refer to our Concussion information page.