Community Referee Assignor
Contact either Al Jaworsky (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mazzen Black (Mazzen.email@example.com) if you are interested in refereeing.
Before you can officiate a game, you must be fully certified with the Alberta Soccer Association (ASA). Certification is valid for one outdoor season & the following indoor season. Returning Referees must re-register with ASA before April 1, or a late fee will apply. Youth/District Level Referees need to attend a refresher course; Mini Referees do not. Please visit the ASA web site for details on how to become a new Referee OR how to renew certification from the previous year.
How to Sign Up for a Referee Course with Alberta Soccer – Instructions
If you will be officiating a U9 – U19 game, please print a copy of the Referee Misconduct Report below to take to your game(s). If you have to complete this form, please send to the appropriate Administrator the day following the game:
U9/U11: SWEMSA Office by 10:00 AM
U13-U19: Jenna Davis at EMSA by 1:00 PM
HOW YOU WILL GET PAID
- Community Centre Referees for U9-U19, Community Assistant Referees for U11-U19, SW Sting FC Centre Referees for U11-U18 and SW Sting FC Assistant Referees are paid by SWEMSA with the exception of TRSA. TRSA games for U9 – U11 and TRSA Assistant Referees are paid at the field by the coach.
- The 2022_SWEMSA_Referee_Payment_Form (form below) needs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For games worked in May, payment form and copies of each game sheet must be submitted by June 6, 2022.
- For games worked in June, payment form and copies of each game sheet must be submitted by July 4, 2022.
- Cheques will be mailed within 2 weeks of submission.
- All payment forms (and copies of the game sheets) must be submitted by Sept. 9, 2022 to be considered for payment for Outdoor 2022.