- Children have more need for example than criticisms.
- Make athletic participation for your child and other a positive experience.
- Attempt to relieve pressure of competition, not increase it. A child is easily affected by outside influences.
- Be kind to your child’s coach and officials. The coach is a volunteer giving personal time and money to provide a recreational activity for your child. The coach is providing a valuable community service, often without regard other than the personal satisfaction of having served their community.
- The opponents are necessary friends. Without them your child could not participate meaningfully.
- Applaud good plays by your team and by members of the opposing team.
- Respect in Sports Parent Program https://albertasoccerparent.respectgroupinc.com/
Why is Safe Sport Important?
Anyone involved in sport should be able to thrive and perform at their best without fear of abuse, neglect or other maltreatment. Creating safe sport environments that provide those conditions is a collective effort — one that requires proper training so people can recognize maltreatment and prevent or address it.
Alberta Soccer’s Safe Sport Information was designed to meet the needs of all levels of soccer in the province through guidance from nationally recognized experts.
Click on these links for more information and resources to help ensure a safe sport environment for all:
Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868 (24/7)
Here’s where you’ll find some helpful information to keep you and your soccer star on track this season.longines replica
City of Edmonton Field Status – Updated Monday-Friday at 4:00 PM
Some U5/U6 teams play on large fields divided into sections. Please refer to our Fields/Gyms page for maps – check back frequently for updates.