2018 Outdoor Season Information
Below you’ll find a lot of information on the season, how to register & pay – please review prior to registering. If you can’t find the answer to a question, please contact our zone Administrator (Zone.Administrator@swemsa.org).
COMMUNITY PROGRAMS & *TENTATIVE DAYS OF PLAY
- U5 = Born in 2013/2014 – *Game day Saturday
- U7 = Born in 2011/2012 – Game day Monday/Wednesday
- U9 = Born in 2009/2010 – Game day Tuesday/Thursday
- U11 = Born in 2007/2008 – Game day Monday/Wednesday
- U13 = Born in 2005/2006 – Game day Tuesday/Thursday
- U15 = Born in 2003/2004 – Game day Monday/Wednesday
- U17 = Born in 2001/2002 – Game day Sunday/Thursday
- U19 = Born in 1999/2000 – Game day Sunday/Tuesday
Financial assistance is available through Kidsport & Canadian Tire Jump Start programs & must be applied for at the same time as registering for our soccer program. If your application is accepted by one or both organizations, the confirmation must be received by SWEMSA with your registration form & supporting documents. Check out our Financial Assistance page for links to Kidsport & Jump Start.
SW Sting FC Outdoor 2018 Tryout Registration – Click Here
REGULAR SEASON START/END DATES
- The season begins May 1 and regular season play ends June 22.
POST SEASON PLAY
- City Finals: July 3-8, 2018
- Inter Cities: July 21-22, 2018
- Provincials: July 20-22, 2018
- U5-U11 schedules will be posted at EMSA South West website April 26, 2018
- U13-U19 schedules will be posted at EMSA Main website April 26, 2018
COACH/ASSISTANT COACH REQUIREMENTS
- All Coaches & Assistant Coaches from U4 – U19 are required to have a volunteer Police Check Certificate (PIC) on file with SWEMSA (valid until August 31, 2018) in order to be placed on a team roster & permitted to participate with practices and/or games. SWEMSA will have forms available at all our payment sessions & at the office. There is no cost to you, SWEMSA will submit the forms to EPS & pay for the certificate! We are unable to accept certificates from other organizations.
- At least one Coach or Assistant Coach on a team must have the appropriate ASA NCCP Coach Certification or EMSA Level 1 or 2 training.
TEAM FORMATION/PLAYER PLACEMENT/ROSTER RELEASE
- Teams are formed by the SWEMSA Age Level Directors, who follow our Team Formation Policy + the EMSA rules Section 4 on imports & past level of play. Due to the lower number of players in the indoor season, not all communities will have teams. Your child may be placed on a team sponsored by your community or anywhere in our zone.
- The Age Level Directors will do their best to grant friend & Coach requests when space permits, however they cannot be guaranteed.
- After review of on-time paid player registrations (February 28), the Age Level Directors will be able to determine how many Coaches & Assistant Coaches we’ll need for the season. Once that is done, they will obtain approval from the sponsoring community Soccer Coordinator to assign Coaches & Assistant Coaches to a team.
- Only those players whose fees/deposits/supporting documents have been received by February 28, 2018 will be placed on a team during the initial team formation process. Players registering or providing the fees/deposits/supporting documents after this time will be added to our wait-list for placement on a team if there is still space.
- If you indicated on the registration form your child will be trying out for a Club/Premier team, we will only hold a community program spot until our Club program, SW Sting FC has released their tryout results.
- Please contact your Community Soccer Coordinator
COACH PACKAGE & PICK UP DATES
- The Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Manager can pick up their season package on the following date:
- Saturday April 21, 2018. The package will contain:
- Game book for U9 – U19 teams
- Referee Liaison arm band
- EMSA season information
- SWEMSA contact information
- Saturday April 21, 2018. The package will contain:
How To Register
- Purchase a 2017/18 community league membership (valid from September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2018) from the community where you live, or through EFCL.
- Log in to your Household Account via the EMSA Soccer Portal. ** If you have changed your address since you last registered, please contact the SWEMSA Administrator (email@example.com) so the address can be changed and/or your community league name can be updated prior to registering.
- If you don’t have an account, follow the step by step instructions in the Soccer Portal to create one.
- Register all players for the 2017/18 indoor season. You must register under the community where you live. If your child wants to play in a different community, keep in mind that not all communities will have teams. It may be easier to add in a friend/Coach request with a note where they live. Once we begin forming the teams, we can always add in the transfer request for you.
- If you are interested in volunteering as a Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Manager on your child’s team, please register that player first, choose the appropriate volunteer role & then complete a Team Official registration for yourself. If you are interested in volunteering on more than one team, you need to complete additional Team Official registrations. Please complete all sections of the Team Official registration & add in as much detail on age level & gender, player requests, who you’d like to volunteer with etc. Helpful hint: In order for the registration to be completed, you have to scroll through the whole waiver & mark off at least one method of communication.
- When completing the registration form on line, enter as much information as possible for friend & Coach requests. Last names are a big help! Remember, our Age Level Directors will do their best to accommodate your requests, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- If you made an error on the registration form, not a problem. Contact our office by phone (780-436-3611), in person or via email & we’ll make the changes for you.