INDOOR 2018/19 – Updated September 8th (Wait-List)
SWEMSA offers community indoor soccer for girls and boys born between 2000 & 2014. Fees are set by SWEMSA, with uniform & equipment support supplied by our communities.
We also offer a competitive program, SW Sting FC whereby players are selected by a tryout process. Fees are set by SW Sting FC & include additional technical training sessions.
Indoor soccer is a fast-paced 55 minute game played 6 on 6 in an arena with boards for U11-U19 teams. Players change on the fly, and there is no out of bounds or offside. U7 & U9 teams also play for 55 minutes, but on half a field with Coach support. Community teams play one game per week (weekend) & we attempt to book one practice gym per week (week day) for each team.
U5 PROGRAM FOR PLAYERS BORN IN 2014
We are very excited to offer a U5 program for our budding soccer superstars!
- Game day will be SUNDAY! Click U5_Indoor_Schedule for the schedule.
- Your child will participate in 15 fun sessions from October 14 to December 16 & January 6 to February 3
- Games will start at either 8:00, 8:15 or 8:30 AM & last 55 minutes.
- Games will be played at the Sports TC Complex (9203 – 35 Ave NW) on artificial grass turf.
- Parents can bring their lawn chairs & sit on the pitch while the games are being played!
- Parking is limited on-site, however they is ample street parking.
Space for this program is limited to 92 players, based on the date the registration is processed. If you are interested in this very special program, register as soon as possible & don’t delay in providing SWEMSA the registration fee, deposit & supporting documents. While we do have in person payment sessions late August & early September, consider taking care of things at our office over the summer.
COMMUNITY AGE LEVELS/YEARS OF BIRTH/GAME DAY
U5 – born in 2014 – GAME DAY IS SUNDAY; scheduled by SWEMSA!
U7 – born in 2012 or 2013 – ** Saturday
U9 – born in 2010 or 2011 – ** Saturday
U11 – born in 2008 or 2009 – ** Saturday
U13 – born in 2006 or 2007 – ** Saturday and/or Sunday
U15 – born in 2004 or 2005 – ** Sunday
U17 – born in 2002 or 2003 – ** Sunday
U19 – born in 2000 or 2001 – ** Sunday
** Games are scheduled by EMSA & can start anytime from 7:00 AM; game days are tentative & may be subject to change.
COMMUNITY FEES & DEPOSITS – **Late Registration Fees Effective If Paid September 7 onwards
$145.00 ** $220.00
$230.00 ** $305.00
$235.00 ** $310.00
$255.00 ** $330.00
$285.00 ** $360.00
$290.00 ** $365.00
$300.00 ** $375.00
$300.00 ** $375.00
Volunteer deposit is $200.00 per family. Uniform deposit cheques will be collected by the community sponsoring the team.
** To be placed on our wait-list, visit our office Monday-Friday with the following documents:
- Copy of the registration form for each player.
- Proof of birth for each player. Government ID’s accepted are Alberta Health Care card, passport, birth certificate etc.
- Proof of address which matches the address on the registration form: Valid Drivers License or current utility bill.
- 2018/19 community league membership card valid September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019. These can be purchased from efcl.org or through your community. If you do not have a new membership card when registering you may enter 18-00000, however you will need to supply SWEMSA with the new card before your child will be placed on a team.
- Fee cheque payable to SWEMSA for the entire family with a current date. Your cheque will only be cashed if we can place your child on a team. If paying by cash, please provide exact amount. If you are applying for funding assistance through Kidsport or Jump Start, proof of application, including the confirmation # is needed.
- Volunteer deposit cheque of $200.00 payable to SWEMSA dated January 31, 2019 – one per family. There are various ways you can volunteer during the season other than being a Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Manager. Teams may need help with gym door monitoring, team communication, collecting funds for team activities, arranging photos, Field Marshalls at post season play or other tournaments etc. Most roles don’t take more than a few hours of your time over the course of the season. If you definitely cannot volunteer this season, please add $200.00 to your fee cheque.
DAYS OF PLAY & GAME SCHEDULES
Traditionally community games have been played on Saturday for the younger age levels & Sunday for the older age levels. SW Sting FC games were played on week nights, except for the lowest age level. Games have been played at one of the indoor soccer facilities in the greater Edmonton area & a facility entrance fee applied to adults. Facility passes are purchased directly at the facilities. Refer to www.esaf.ca for more information.
EMSA Main creates the schedules & posts them on their web site a minimum of one week prior to the start of the season (mid-October). Game times varied week to week & started anywhere from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
U5 schedules will be provided by SWEMSA.
Once we receive confirmation of age levels & days of play from EMSA, this information will be updated.
SEASON START/END & IMPORTANT DATES
Start: October 13, 2018
Christmas Break: December 21, 2018 – January 4, 2019
Games Resume: January 5, 2019
U7 Mini Fest: February 16, 2019
POST SEASON PLAY
City Finals: February 23 & 24, 2019
Intercities: March 9 & 10, 2019
Provincials: March 15, 16 & 17, 2019
Millwoods Zone: October 5, 6, 7 & 8, 2018
EMSA Polar Cup: December 27, 28 & 29, 2018
North Zone: February 1, 2 & 3, 2019
EMSA Mini Fest: February 16, 2019
SW Sting FC: February 16, 17 & 18, 2019
West Zone Slush Cup: February 28, March 1, 2 & 3, 2019
PRACTICES – COMMUNITY PROGRAM
Practices will be scheduled during the week at school gyms or indoor practice facilities according to age level & license start time. Every attempt is made to provide each team with one practice per week, however limited school gym inventory & Coach practice day restrictions may reduce that number throughout the season.
Younger teams are scheduled starting with the earliest time slots of 6:00 PM; older teams the latest times. It is not uncommon for U17/U19 teams to have a practice start time of 10:00 PM! It is also not uncommon for teams to practice in other zones such as Millwoods, the South East or the West.
Gym practices normally start the 1st week of October. Teams are encourage to take advantage of good weather to practice outdoors once their roster is received.
Practice times & locations will be released to the Head Coach September 21st.
*** Please note: The U5 Program does not have a week day practice.
COMMUNITY LEAGUE MEMBERSHIPS
A community league membership is required before a player will be confirmed on a team. Memberships expire on August 31st of each year so you will need to purchase a new one for the 2018/19 indoor season. This can be done directly through your community league, or through the Edmonton Federation of Community League web site. Please purchase your membership before registering for the season.
Each family is required to volunteer during the season. *** ALL families (including those who volunteer to be a Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Manager) must provide a volunteer deposit cheque, which will be shredded or returned once you have completed your chosen commitment. If you wish to decline, an additional fee of $200.00 may be paid with the regular soccer fee.
INDOOR FACILITY WAIVERS
Parents of all players, plus volunteers on the bench must read & acknowledge the facility waiver to participate. For the 2018/19 season, the waiver will be on the registration form & the box marked before the registration process can be completed.
Players require indoor soccer shoes, shin guards, shorts (preferably black) and soccer socks. Sponsoring communities provide a jersey.
PREMIER/CLUB TRYOUT WITH SW STING FC OR OTHER CLUB PROGRAM
If a player is interested in any Premier/Club program, please indicate this on this registration form – tryouts are required. SW Sting FC program & tryout information can be found on their web site.
To participate in a SW Sting FC tryout all players must:
- Register in the EMSA Soccer Portal for the season – this is done via your Household Account.
- Register on the SW Sting FC web site tryout link.
If you wish to secure a community team spot until the SW Sting FC tryout result is known, the community registration fee, volunteer & uniform deposits + all supporting documents must reach SWEMSA by Thursday, September 6 at 9:00 PM. If your child is confirmed on a team, we will transfer the community fee to SW Sting FC. We are unable to transfer fees to other zone Club programs.
COACH/ASSISTANT COACH REQUIREMENTS & SUPPORT
- All Coaches & Assistant Coaches from U5 – U19 are required to have a volunteer Police Information Check Certificate (PIC) on file with SWEMSA (valid for the entire season, including post season play for certain age levels) in order to be placed on a team roster & permitted to participate with practices and/or games.
- At least one Coach or Assistant Coach on each team must have the appropriate ASA NCCP Coach certification, or EMSA Level 1 or 2 training.
- At least one Coach or Assistant Coach on each team advancing to Provincial competition must have the appropriate ASA NCCP Coach certification.
- SWEMSA will host ASA NCCP courses this September: Learn to Train – Course #252, September 8 & 9; Soccer For Life – Course #253 September 15 & 16. Both courses can be booked through albertasoccer.com COACH tab.
- SWEMSA, EMSA & your community have a support network in place who can assist you throughout the season.
- Team formation – SWEMSA Age Level Directors
- Equipment & Jerseys – Sponsoring Community Soccer Coordinator
- Season Coach Package (Game Book, Referee Liaison Arm Band etc) – SWEMSA Administrator
- Game Schedules – EMSA Community or Premier League Director
- Practice Schedules – SWEMSA Administrator
- Referees – EMSA Referee Director
- Discipline and/or EMSA/ASA Discipline Hearing Support – SWEMSA Age Level Directors
- EMSA Coaches’ Kit forms & season information – EMSA Community or Premier League Director
- Any other help needed – contact your SWEMSA Age Level Director!
POLICE INFORMATION CHECK (PIC)
- Required by every team official on every team per EMSA Policy #G-0306-001.
- The certificate must be valid until the end of the season.
- Forms will be available at each payment session, as well as at the SWEMSA office.
- Age Level Directors will contact appointed team officials if forms need to be completed.
- SWEMSA no longer receives a hard copy of the certificate from the Edmonton Police Service (EPS).
*** Each season, approximately 20% of our applicants are asked to visit the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) to provide more information before a certificate can be issued. As you declared you don’t have a criminal record on your application, this request shouldn’t be of concern. It’s simply a way for EPS to clear your name from their system, which has showed a match in either part of your name, birth date or gender. In a few cases, fingerprints may be taken to definitively clear you. If you are asked to complete this process, we thank you for your understanding in completing it as soon as possible & providing SWEMSA with the hard copy of the certificate you will receive from them.
TEAM FORMATION & ROSTER RELEASE
- Teams are formed by the SWEMSA Age Level Directors who follow our Team Formation Policy + the EMSA rules for team size, number of imports & past playing history.
- Due to the lower number of indoor teams compared to outdoor, not all communities will have teams at each age level or gender.
- Team formation begins on September 7, 2018 & will only include players from our zone who have provided SWEMSA with the player registration fee, deposits & all supporting documents by September 6th at 9:00 PM.
- The Age Level Director will determine how many teams are needed, seek approval from the sponsoring community on the Head Coach, Assistant Coach & Team Manager, then build the teams.
- All friend, Coach & transfer requests entered on the registration form by September 6th will be reviewed & approved if possible, however cannot be guaranteed.
- Age bump requests are reviewed by the Age Level Directors, who will seek input from the past & potential new Coach. If it is confirmed the player can (1) safely play up, (2) has the skills to compete at the higher level & (3) there is space available the age bump will be approved. You will be notified if there is any change in the registration fee. If your child is looking for a more competitive program, please register them for a tryout with our Premier program, SW Sting FC.
- Age bumps & requests from players who live outside our zone are placed after all age appropriate players have been placed on teams. This includes community players who are trying out for a Premier team.
- If you indicated your child will be trying out for a Premier/Club team on the registration form, we will only hold a community program spot (if paid & processed by September 6 @ 9:00 PM) until SW Sting FC has released their tryout results. If you’re waiting for other Premier or Club team tryout results, please let us know if a registration should be cancelled & a refund issued per our policy.
- Rosters will be released to the Head Coach within (2) weeks of the season starting.
PLAYER & TEAM OFFICIAL EMSA ID CARDS
- Will be required by some age levels for both programs – check back for update!
- Must be valid for the entire season.
- Are issued by EMSA Main at their office in the South Soccer Center (6520 Roper Road NW) on the following carding dates:
- Saturday, September 29: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 2: 4:00 – 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 4: 4:00 – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, October 9: 4:00 – 8:30 PM
- Thursday, October 11: 4:00 – 8:30 PM – LAST CHANCE BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS!
- Tuesday, October 16: 4:00 – 8:30 PM
Review our refund policy before registering & providing SWEMSA with the player fee, deposits & supporting documents. Refunds may be provided, however the amount will depend on the reason & date requested.
WAIT-LIST REGISTRATION For 2018/19 Indoor Season Is Now OPEN!
Please read all the information posted on our Register page before registering!