Refund and Season Notice
This email is not intended for our Club Players in SW Sting FC Program. A separate plan has been established and will continue to be communicated to those families.
- The Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) Board will vote March 1,2021 to continue the season or not. EMSA SW has one seat and vote on that Board.
- Alberta Health Services (AHS) may reduce restrictions in early March that may expand training and allow for games. EMSA intends if possible, to provide and extended season to April 11, 2021 cost will be as incurred and remainder refunded. It may be possible to play games 2 per week or more in that 6-week period.
- If the EMSA Board cancels the season, we the South West Zone of the Edmonton Minor Soccer League (EMSA SW) will continue to provide opportunity for players to train, scrimmages and technical training dependent on restrictions up to April 11, 2021. This is 100% optional and will cost only the amount to rent the facilities $5 per player per event and deducted from the refund.
- Parents who opt out of the extended EMSA season or extended EMSA SW training will be refunded 60% of their registration fee. This refund will be less the costs incurred by EMSA or EMSA SW to date. The refunds will be issued after the end of the normal regular season has passed . We will update and exact date as we cannot issue refunds until we have received refunds back from our Governing Bodies. U5 and U7 programs have already been cancelled by EMSA and refunds of 60% will be issued shortly.
- The training facilities were rented at the beginning of the season and cannot be refunded. We have a credit with the facilities. All teams were to have 5-7 practices so to use up the time we are offering time to coaches and players to use for training. This cost was $5 per player per practice in your registration fees. If your coach is opting out of training, we will have a sign up for any players to join an appropriate age and training group.
- EMSA SW Zone is not requiring any player to remain in the program after the end of the normal regular season. We just ask to indicate if you seek a refund or would like to remain in after March 1, 2021.
Please fill out the form below indicating how you wish to proceed. Responses are required by February 24th.
EMSA SW Zone Board of Directors
Edmonton Minor Soccer Association South West Zone
#211, 11 Fairway Dr
Edmonton AB, T6J 2W4