Outdoor Season Delayed Due To Weather | EMSA South West

Outdoor Season Delayed Due To Weather

UPDATED APRIL 29

The City web site today shows the fields will open on May 12.  The weather is cooperating & it is possible that the date may change.  Please check their Sports Field Notifications daily.

For U10/U12 community teams, round 1 consists of 4 games & teams are grouped geographically to ease everyone into the season.  If the City opens the fields earlier, SWEMSA will look at the number of games lost/remaining to determine if rescheduling can be accommodated prior to round 2 starting on May 15.  Due to the delicate conditions of the fields, it’s important to give them enough time to become playable.

For U14/U16/U18 community teams, please refer to the information provided to you by EMSA.

Thank you for your patience during the start up to the season.

 

 

We have been informed that there will be a delay in opening the soccer fields this season due to the weather.  Several different areas of the City are quoting different opening dates and all opening dates are subject to change.  They are dependent on the current weather and how quickly the fields can dry out and then be prepared in time for play.

We do not have a firm date on when the fields will be open as conditions may change and we might be able to get going sooner than predicted.  Please continue to check your rain out status lines each day starting May 1st for the current field status update.

If there will be any changes to round structure Coaches will be contacted.