Indoor 2021/22 Update
We have been informed by the City of Edmonton and all our partner Soccer Facilities that proof of vaccination or privately paid COVID 19 PCR tests for all participants and spectators 12 years old and up. Each facility will have different protocols and possibly exemptions but we at this time do not have the information. Below is the City of Edmonton’s Policy which is similar to all other facilities.
We will update the information as it becomes available.
Following the Government of Alberta’s announcement with respect to the restriction exemption program, starting on Monday, September 20th, anyone using a public City facility or service will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a recent negative test.
To access public City services and programs, people ages 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption or show proof of a negative test result (completed within 72 hours of visiting).
- September 20 to October 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than two weeks before the time of entry.
- After October 25: proof of double vaccination is required.
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours before accessing a program or service.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
What does this mean for rental groups accessing City of Edmonton facilities?
- All people ages 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption or show proof of a negative test result, to gain entry into City of Edmonton facilities.
- This applies to participants, coaches, teaching staff, officials, volunteers and spectators.
- To ensure access control measures are in place, some facility entrances may be closed and patrons will be directed accordingly.
Please communicate this information with your members and inform them that this vaccination documentation will be a condition of entry beginning on Monday, September 20th.
During the initial stages of this program, Edmontonians should plan to arrive at facilities a little earlier than normal. We ask for patience as City employees review patrons’ individual vaccination status or recent negative test results.
Additionally, as we move through the recent restrictions, we will be postponing open season. We will update you next week with the new dates.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and connect with the gym bookings team.
City of Edmonton | Citizen Services
19th floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue | Edmonton AB | T5J 0J4
To view availability, visit: