SWEMSA is a volunteer run program for players in the U4 – U18 age levels participating in community & Club soccer. We appreciate the hundreds of volunteer Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers & community volunteers who make our program a success!
We are fortunate to have many parents, siblings, community volunteers & University students coach our players. No experience is necessary! There are many resources & courses for our new Coaches that will teach you the game of soccer which enable you to provide our players with the necessary skills.
- Coaching courses are available through the Alberta Soccer Association (ASA) & through EMSA. Please check with your community Soccer Coordinator for cost reimbursement. Check out our Training Sessions tab for all the details.
- All Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers must register as a Team Official in the EMSA Soccer Portal. This is done by accessing your household account.
- All Coaches & Assistant Coaches for U4-U18 age levels require a volunteer Police Information Check (PIC) certificate to cover the entire season, including post season play. The certificate must be requested through SWEMSA, we cannot accept any from outside organizations.
- Team Managers for U12-U18 age levels also require a PIC certificate.
- Only Coaches, Assistant Coaches & Team Managers that have a valid PIC certificate on record with SWEMSA will be added to the team roster & may participate during practices and/or games.
2017 OUTDOOR COACH MEETINGS
One member of each U10 – U18 community team must attend the meeting – it can be the Head Coach, Assistant Coach or the Team Manager. This is a great opportunity to hear important information about the upcoming season + meet your fellow Coaches. Topics range from how to fill out a game book, tournaments, post season play, new game and/or EMSA rules, how to deal with concussions & injuries + much more. You will be given your Coaches Kit, which includes your game book, at the end of the meeting.
U10-U18 Community Team Officials
Saturday, April 22 at the Greenfield Community League Hall (3803 – 114 St NW)
U10 = 1:00 – 3:00 PM
U12 = 3:00 – 5:00 PM
U14, U16, U18: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
If you would like a copy of the presentation notes, please email Mary Hilbrecht (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Janice Hicks (email@example.com).
U7-U18 SW Sting FC Team Officials
Sunday, April 23 at the Greenfield Community League Hall (3803 – 114 St NW)
U7-U10: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
U11-U18: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
For the U14-U18 age levels, please refer to the EMSA Coaches’ Kit page for season information. If you have a question that you can’t find an answer for, please contact the appropriate EMSA staff member:
U14 – U18 Community Program
Premier SW Sting FC Teams
For information on concussions, please refer to our Concussion information page.